Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Journal 2

Join the Flock! (Nets –  5)

Ferguson, H. (2010). Join the flock!. Learning and Leading with Technology, 37(8), Retrieved  from http://www.iste.org/learn/publications/learning-and-leading/digital-edition-june-july- 2011.aspx
The internet has provided a wonderful means of communication and learning.  As Ferguson has discussed in her article, people can often incorporate their professional learning networks (PLN) as part of their daily lives via the use of the internet.  Educators and students can benefit from the use of a PLN by having a network of professionals and students of various experiences available to them with the click of a mouse.  Ferguson explains that utilizing Twitter can enhance anyone’s PLN by allowing people to find others with the same interests and goals.  People also have the opportunity to participate in discussions to discuss and share their ideas with one another. 

How can I use Twitter to enhance my learning experience?

I will use Twitter to gather information as well as collaborate with other students, SLPs, and teachers in order to aid me in reaching my educational goals. Various research and resources are available via Twitter allowing myself and others to find information in an easier manner.

Am I able to contribute information via Twitter?

Yes.  As I find information and websites regarding any particular subject that I feel may benefit my colleagues or others, I have the ability to tweet about the topic, making the information readily available.

No comments:

Post a Comment